March 13, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
Our commitment to our employees’ safety and well-being drives our day-to-day operational practices so we can provide the unparalleled service to our customers. As such, the present COVID-19 outbreak presents NDEI a unique challenge in meeting two overriding concerns, protection of employee safety and customer satisfaction.
1. We have confirmed that all employees of NDEI have not visited any country subject to COVID-19 virus CDC travel advisories or restricted countries within the previous thirty days, whether for business or personal purposes.
2. We have confirmed that all employees have not been in close contact with someone who traveled to a restricted country within the last 14 days.
3. We have confirmed that all employees have not been in close contact with anyone who exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 virus in the last 14 days.
4. Employees have also been asked to curtail nonessential business and/or personal flight travel in the U.S. to states
with current State advisories. If they choose to do so they will be instructed to self quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to work.
5. We have confirmed that there has been no international travel within the last 30 days by household members, or upcoming planned international travel. If international travel is to be done through 2020, it is to be reported to Management.
6. Visitors to NDEI will be asked to report their foreign travel as part of the standard check in process. We reserve the right to deny entry to our facility if a visitor has travelled to a geographical area of concern or has/is experiencing any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus in the last 14 days.
In addition, NDEI has recommended that employees follow the same simple hygiene habits that protect against the seasonal flu virus in order to protect against exposure to COVID-19, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Staying at home when sick and seeking appropriate medical care.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
NDEI currently is on schedule to continue any planned and unplanned work at our customer facilities and job sites. If this changes, we will notify you immediately.
NDEI values the health, safety, and the well-being of you and your families. Please be safe, vigilant, and proactive as you prepare, guard, and work through this coronavirus outbreak.
Non Destructive Evaluation Int’l.